DescriptionDates: Friday, Nov. 22nd and Saturday Nov. 23rd 2019
Time: Doors at 6:30PM, Show at 7:00PM
Price: $34.95 (including fees)
Rock Me, Baby celebrates the greatest female recording artists of the past 50 years. Featuring the powerhouse vocals of Sista-B and backed up by her three “Singin’ Sisters” and a smokin’ hot four-piece live band, this show rolls out everyone’s favourite pop, rock, soul and disco hits with spectacular costumes and energized dance routines.
About the Show:
The 112-minute show is divided into 7 stellar sets, each representing an era or genre of pop music. You’ll hear classic hits made famous by these great women of music:
· Pioneers of Pop: Leslie Gore, The Chiffons, Betty Everett, Mary Wells, The Supremes, The Ronettes, Etta James
· Rock and Roll Girls: The Eurythmics, Blondie, Pat Benatar, Kiki Dee, Heart
· Disco Divas: Gloria Gaynor, Chic, Lipps Inc., The Weather Girls, ABBA
· Soul Sisters: Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Tina Turner, Roberta Flack
· Country Queens: Dolly Parton, Miranda Lambert, Patsy Cline, Lynn Anderson
· Canadian Classics: Joni Mitchell, Anne Murray, Celine Dion, Jann Arden
· Rock Royalty: Madonna, Adele, Beyonce, Whitney Houston
Who is Sista-B?
Sista-B is Barbara Samuel, a Kelowna-based singer who is a veteran of the Okanagan music scene. If you haven’t seen her strutting across the stage at music festivals, you may have seen her tear down the house as Dolores Van Cartier (the Whoopie Goldberg character) in Kelowna Actors Studio’s 2018 production of Sister Act.
A Great Time!
Rock Me, Baby showcases the best of women’s music from the early 1960’s right up to today’s hit-makers. It doesn’t matter if you’re a Baby Boomer who has heard these songs a thousand times or a Millennial who is hearing them for the first time, this show will literally rock you, roll you, move you, and groove you, baby.